Tuesday, February 1, 2011

China Glaze Virtual Violet (Tronica) & OPI Black Shatter

Hello there! Today I have another NOTD I wore from the China Glaze Tronica collection, Virtual Violet. I saw this in my unworn bin and wasn't immediately impressed; it wasn't my favorite of the collection. I thought "Well, I'm not really going anywhere, might as well get this one out of the way". Boy, was I wrong! Don't just a color by its bottle, ladies! I ended up loving this one. It showed the holo really well, even in normal lighting (which is perfect, since it's nonstop snow here in Massachusetts and natural light is out of the question). I also loved the color... so I ended up actually wearing it two days so I had a reason for someone else to see it. I used two coats (three if I did a shotty job applying on that finger) and no top coat.



With flash, to show some of the holo in the light.


 Well, right before I took it off, I decided to experiment with Black Shatter to see what it looks like over a holo polish. For some reason, it broke into very thin strips on every nail, despite different application styles. Maybe the holo polish has some quality that makes the Shatter do this, but I still thought it looked neat, although it really looked more black than anything so it's not a good idea if you want to show off a holo polish.


So that's it for tonight! I'll be posting my NOTD tomorrow since I have a snow day (my school canceled for tomorrow at noon today!) and maybe I'll even sneak a picture of the ridiculous amounts of snow we have here. It's about three feet right now, and we're getting almost another foot tonight!

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments: