Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vacation Nails: Sally Hansen Don't Get Catty

Hi ladies! I'm back from vacation :( I took a cruise to Bermuda with my boyfriend and it was absolutely incredible. Do you want pictures? Well, okay... if I have to. But first - vacation nails!

As I mentioned before, I knew I would be busy and painting my nails wouldn't really be an option. So I decided to try the Sally Hansen Nail Effects stickers because they are supposedly able to last up to 10 days, and I really wanted to do either zebra or glitter. Well, zebra was sold out, and the glitter looked like it wasn't very opaque, so I decided on Don't Get Catty, one of their new ones - a hot pink cheetah print.

Application was pretty easy, although I must say you have to have a very steady hand to do it - which I did not. I decided to do them on the train ride to the cruise terminal, so application isn't perfect, folks. But they still came out very nice and extremely shiny!


But then, as all these sad stories go, tragedy hit. In the form of lots and lots and lots of salt water. The pool on our ship was salt water, and I was in it often to fight sea sickness (quick side note: when on a cruise ship and sea sick, it may seem funny to go in the pool, BUT the pool flows with the motion of the boat and makes it feel like natural waves in the ocean, which soothed my sea sickness! Hooray!). Then, I was on an island, which some of you may be aware, is surrounded by salt water. So the nails were forced to take some wear and tear:


Here they are on day four or five, I believe. Not too bad, actually! Some chips, some tip wear, the shine is dulled, but overall, they held up well. I wore them until the second to last day of the cruise - but then they were chipping, peeling, and very dull. I hadn't brought any polish and the only topcoat I had was runny and sticky and unhelpful. So, I've had naked nails for about 3 days now (gasp!). Tomorrow morning I'll put some polish on, but for now they will remain naked or they will be covered in sheet marks.

Now on to the real show: Bermuda. Please respect the fact that I took these pictures and they are not stock or officially copyrighted, but please do not steal them for your own use without giving credit. Thanks!

 View of the ocean and reefs taken from the bus window.

 Horseshoe Bay Beach - ranked in the top 5 best beaches in the world.

 View from a boat of the coat and the famous pastel houses.

 View from a boat of an inlet.

 More pastel homes.


So what do you ladies think of the nails or of Bermuda?! The cruise was an absolute blast - so relaxing and so fun. I'd definitely recommend Bermuda. Very friendly locals, beautiful beaches, lots of stuff to do. But now I must go, as I have just gotten home and already my computer desk greeted me with the largest spider my room has ever seen. Goodnight!

No comments: