Wednesday, August 31, 2011

100th Post & Pink Wednesday! Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop

Hey ladies! This post is a milestone for me: 100th post! I'm hoping I've come a long way since post number one, but you can all be the judges of that LOL My blogiversary will be January 5th, so in about 8 months I've written 100 posts, gained 80+ followers, and hopefully refined my technique. I'm hoping this year to make a lightbox, perhaps get a better camera, and continue writing things that interest you guys. What do you want to see more/less of?
Anyhow, I started off wearing this OPI color that's a really old dusty and I don't know the name. It looked better on me on person but still not great. It's kind of a corally-orange color? It makes my nails look disgusting here, actually. I feel like I'll think of the name once I post this, inevitably. Anyway, here it is:


But THEN I bought my Deborah Lippmanns... as you all know, I struggled with this decision morally. Is $42 for three polishes too steep? Would I have buyer's remorse spending so much? Should I wait for a dupe, or create my own? The answer to all of these questions: no. They are pricy, definitely not polishes I would buy all the time, but they are really good quality and applied much better than a cheaper polish, so I have no complaints. Plus, they're gorgeous and glitter-ific. And I love them!

Anyway, so I was too impatient to remove the original OPI dusty color and threw Candy Shop on over it, and this is what resulted:


Candy Shop is pretty opaque in two or three coats, and the glitter is really dense so it doesn't take effort to get the glitter placed all over the nail like some glitter polishes.


I was absolutely IN LOVE with this manicure. It's definitely in my top 5 favorites ever, I think. The polish is just so fun and happy. It reminds me of cupcakes and happiness and unicorns and rainbows. I know it's probably easily dupe-able, but I'm happy just to have some Deborah Lippmanns in my collection. What do you think?

xoxo,
Amanda

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yayyy! I love Candy Shop! Congrats on 100 posts!

Carly @ Lacquered Lover said...

I love it! I love the lippmann glitters and as much as people try to dupe them, they are never as perfect as the real thing! I'm not much of a pink person but Forget You from the same collection is one of my favorites! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 100 post!

Unknown said...

I love this!! So pretty!

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone!

Carly, you're right! It's just not the same :) As much as I love all my glitter topcoat dupes, none touch my heart quite like my DLs ;) I have to try Forget You, maybe this weekend!