Sunday, September 11, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Forget You

Hi all! I just wanted to start today with the inevitable mention of the anniversary of 9/11. It's always a hard time of year for the USA and the world, and for me, I'm always left feeling like there are people who only focus on "well, we got that bin Laden, he got what he deserves" or the terrorism aspect, but I'd really like to encourage all of us to focus on the lives lost, the heroes who risked, and lost, their lives to help, and the unity that was inspired in this country following these events. Even with tragedy, we must find the positives and I think, in this case, this really brought a very individualistic country together and inspired patriotism we didn't show before. So everyone, try today to get back to that spirit of helping one another and love, and remembering the brave victims - not just the negative parts. /end preach

ANYWHO, "I see you drivin' 'round town with the girl I love and I'm like... FORGET YOU!" Okay, I had to. I painted my nails this color and the song was stuck in my head immediately. I must admit, I love Deborah Lippmann's idea of naming polishes after pop songs. Anyways, Forget You is another gem from DL that I got in the box set with Happy Birthday and Candy Shop.

While I have you on the topic of forgiveness... please forgive my nubbins and my cuticle rips. For some reason, my nails have been breaking really easily lately. I'm blaming the weather, stress (I used to bite my nails and while I don't know, I do have the habit of cleaning under them a lot when I'm stressed which puts strain on the free edge), and my base coat. But what it boils down to is I had 5 of my 10 nails ripped down shorter than the others, so I needed to cut my losses and trim them all and start from scratch rather than having them all different lengths. If any of you have any ideas for how to help out my poor nails, feel free to share! For now, I'm using European Secrets Rock Hard strengthener (not much about this on the blogs, since I seem to find Hard Rock by Deborah Lippmann when I search for that..) and can hopefully let you know how that goes!

The good news? I have some guest posts, some older posts I didn't publish yet, and I'm planning a mini series, affectionately called "Colors that Look Good on Short Nails" as well as the sub-mini series: "Colors that Don't Look Good on Short Nails"... just until I get my normal length back. Anyways, on to the lovely!

Forget You is a blackened jelly base packed with the famous glitter we... okay, I know and love from Happy Birthday and her numerous dupes. It's opaque in two coats, one if you don't mind a bit of patchiness or are really careful.



Nom nom nom look at that glitter...


 And finally, a shot of the bottle so you can see just how densely packed it is and how easy it is to get glitter on to your nails (no fishing for glitter with this one, I promise).


Whew, I'm chatty today! haha What do you think of Forget You? Which is your favorite: Happy Birthday, Candy Shop, or Forget You? I must say, Happy Birthday is the original, so it must be my favorite because you can't really replace that... but Candy Shop is a close second. Not that I don't like Forget You, but it's just not my normal style.

xoxo,
Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome polish! Sorry you are having so many problems with your nails lately!

Amanda said...

No worries! They'll be better soon I think!

Emily said...

omg I love this!!!

Amanda said...

Thanks! We'll have to get together and swatch all our DL polishes, for a grand total of 5! Haha we could do super random skittles?