Monday, October 10, 2011

Orly Rock Solid

Hi ladies! Wanted to post today since I missed yesterday due to hangover haha. I'm feeling really tired and I caught a cold, so this will be short and sweet.

I posted about Orly Rock Solid last night on twitter, and I'm actually still wearing it today. The verdict: unimpressed. It's a nice enough polish, but it's not really that interesting. For a Mineral FX polish they're pricing higher, putting it in the category of Halley's Comet and the previous FX collection, it's disappointing. I'm okay with this as a few dollar polish, something like Finger Paints or Nina Ultra Pro, but not for Orly retailing at $9 a pop. Anyway... Rock Solid is the blackened gray or black base with sparse holo glitter (and I mean sparse, you'll see below).

Two coats and topcoat. Natural light.

Blurry to show the sparse glitter.
So it's not a bad polish; application was easy, it's opaque quickly, and dried pretty fast. But it's just kind of... boring. I don't know. I already put it up for swap so if you're interested, contact me on MakeupAlley as az270890.

xoxo,
Amanda

2 comments:

MissMidnightBlue said...

Yeah, I'm not bothering with this one... It does look pretty, but I don't need it.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, but I haven't worn it yet.