Friday, March 8, 2013

Pretty Me Polish Review

TGIF! This weekend feels like such a blessing. Today I am also blessed to have some Pretty Me Polishes that Jeannette was sweet enough to send me! Let's dig right in!

First is Galaxy which I layered over black. This is just one coat but it covered really well! The patchy spots are user error, not the polish's fault. Galaxy will be part of a line of polishes using the same glitter but different base colors. This would be perfect for a galaxy mani!


Next up is Shortcake. I layered it over China Glaze Pink-ie Promise and the ring finger is Expressionist Red. This was made up of a really dense glitter combination in the pink realm, which is, of course, right up my alley! This would have been perfect for Valentine's Day but since I'm a girly girl this will work anytime ;)


Finally is Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, which is teal and magenta dot glitters in a yellow base with fine iridescent glitters. I layered this over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, so you can see the base is pretty opaque yellow, but it's sheer (this is about 3 coats) so it definitely needs a base color. This was really fun and bright, perfect name!


Ta da! Which was your favorite? I'm sure you can all guess mine ;) I also want to add that Jeannette actually sent me TWO packages because USPS lost the first one, and I think that says a lot for her customer service that she'd send out a second one for a reviewer! These are (or will be soon) available on her Etsy shop and retail for $8 for a full sized bottle.

xoxo,
Amanda

5 comments:

girlsarepretty said...

I dont like the yellow one at all. The shade looks sickly and I think plain black polka dots would've better honored the song. Oh well. I love the holographic/black one, though.

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

Guess which is my favorite? If you said Galaxy, which I'm sure you did, you are correct.

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

I would have said the polka dot one actually! So I was wrong :(

Frosso said...

Pretty! I'd have to say galaxy is my fave of the 3.

KarenD said...

Love those bottles--they look very retro, like something you'd see on a vanity table in the 1920s.