Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rainbows: Candy Lacquer Spam!

Happy Thursday! Today is my Friday since I don't work Fridays so I'm pretty pumped for that. Today I have about a million Candy Lacquer swatches because I apparently have been hoarding them in my vault not to mention some recent ones so go grab some popcorn or another snack, get some water, and go potty before we begin. Go ahead, I'll wait. The polishes will be under the cut whenever you're ready (I have EIGHT to show you).



First, here's the base color which is the last of the Hits Hello Kitty polishes I have to show you guys, Gum. This is one coat but it could obviously use two if you wore it alone. This is a bit greener than the photos show.


On top, I layered Afro Circus, which is a rainbow matte hexes in a clear base. I used two coats and had to dab a little bit for even coverage.


White Wedding is up next which I layered over Essence Modern Romance, a peach color despite the white glitter making it lean nude. This is a very universal glitter since it can be layered over literally anything except white to stand out.


This next one should probably be named "Amanda in a Bottle" but instead it's called To The Moon and Back, which I believe was LE for this Valentine's Day. Behold: hearts, flowers, moons, and all my favorite colors. LOVE. Oh the base color is OPI Fly but nobody cares because GLITTER.


Sugar Flowers is the complement, I think, to Sugar Skulls. This will be perfect for autumn! Base color is OPI Suzi and the Seven Dusseldorfs.


Candy Girl is a perfect spring glitter. I layered two coats over OPI Rumple's Wiggin' for this look, which I also posted on Instagram because it's pretty perfect.


Bunny Dreams II. Heaven. In. A. Bottle. I missed out on the original Bunny Dreams but Sandra created this one and I'm not 100% sure on the difference but I LOVE THIS SO HARD. One of my favorite polishes ever which is only the second time I've said that in this post. Base is Sinful Colors Sugar Rush and this swatch does have top coat.


This is Glitter Gone Wild layered over Sinful Colors Unicorn (which is a streaky PITA, btw). This was just one coat, swiped on easily. Gosh, I love rainbow glitter.


Last but not least is White Lights, which is primarily white glitter with a smattering of rainbow glitter and shapes thrown in... there's a black complement (Black Lights) which I will be needing after buying this. This is 2 coats over Sinful Colors Sugar n Spice.


xoxo,
Amanda

5 comments:

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

Yikes. That's a lot of Candy Lacquer! Very Amanda appropriate :-)

Erin Ortiz said...

I love Candy Girl, it's perfect for spring!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

It really is!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

It is, but this is almost 6 months of swatches lol... oops

girlsarepretty said...

I like the Hello Kitty shade and the two rainbow glitters, Afro Circus and Glitter Gone Wild. And White Wedding looks very pretty over that peach!